Door Kewaunee Legislative Days 2017 is pleased to invite local citizens to join us in our mission to call on every legislator in Madison this spring. Door Kewaunee Legislative Days main events are scheduled for Wednesday, April 5, when delegates will call on state legislators in the afternoon and enjoy a reception with legislators and guests that evening. The remainder of the April 5-6 event will be reserved for visiting with state officials and selected state agencies.
More than 125 citizen delegates from Door and Kewaunee counties will travel to Madison to deliver our legislative and state agency agendas. The 2017 Legislative Agenda includes the following topics:
- Support for Additional Funding for Improving Rural Broadband;
- Protect the Public’s Drinking Water in Our At-Risk Karst Geo-Region;
- Protecting Water Quality of Door/Kewaunee Rivers;
- School Start Date: Oppose Repeal of Statewide Standard;
- Consistent and Adequate Funding for the Harbor Assistance Program.
Critical to the success of this event is the active participation of at least 100 Door and Kewaunee County citizen representatives, so that at least one local delegate will visit with every legislator. The cost to participate for delegates is only $30, made possible by a variety of area financial sponsors. The subsidized fee includes three meals and a logo polo shirt. Training sessions will be held prior to the event, so anyone can participate.
- Door/Kewaunee Legislative Days 2017 – Delegates Needed
- Delegate registration for April 5-6 trip to Madison now open
- 2017 Legislative Days Details Announced